Wednesday, April 9, 2014

playlist | the best revenge work out

We all have issues, difficulties and busy lives and sometimes things happen to us unexpectedly that
completely knock us to our feet, but what is important is that we get back up
and make the most of everyday.
We all know the best revenge to the things that bring us down
is to be the best person that we can be and live a kick ass life!

For me, working out is the number-one go to thing to maintain equilibrium.
It just makes me feel so much better mentally, no matter what I'm going through personally.
There is nothing I appreciate more than a trip to the gym to help sort out my mood.
And let me tell you, right about now I need my endorphins pumping and sweat glands working overtime.
You-know-it, the best way to handle stress is to get the body moving.

Everybody is different and it's important to find a workout that feels good to you and that you enjoy.
I have been Spinning like crazy for the past seven years haha.
It really does the trick to tone up the legs and rear end.
No matter how bikini busy we get, I make myself get on a bike because it gets my blood moving!
Spinning is great because you can do it rain or shine, so there is really no excuse not to do it!
Lately, I've been getting in a good spin 5-6 days a week, and turning this playlist up and just pedaling.
It's no secret that it's so much easier to put in work
and forget about stress when we can distract ourselves with music.

"Best Thing I Never Had" - Beyonce
"Cry Me A River" - Justin Timberlake
"Misery Business" - Paramore
"May the Bitter Man Win" - Treasure Davis
"No Interruption" - Hoodie Allen
"Recess" - Skrillex
"W.D.Y.W.F.M" - The Neighbourhood
"Summer" - Calvin Harris
"Killin' It" - Krewella
"Go F**k Yourself" - My Crazy Girlfriend
"Hard" - Rihanna
"Thnks fr th Mmrs" - Fall Out Boy
"Sweet Nothing - Diplo + Grandtheft Remix" - Calvin Harris ft. Florence Welch
"Turn Down for What" - DJ Snake & Lil Jon
"#thatPOWER" - will.i.am
"Do My Thang" - Miley Cyrus
"Fancy" - Iggy Azaela
"The Language" - Drake
"2 On" - Tinashe
"Been On" - G-Eazy
"What Goes Around.../...Comes Around" - Justin Timberlake
*the end of this song is pure incentive to finish your workout 

click here to check out CRISPY BIKINIS playlists on Spotify

After seven years I've found a cycle routine I really like. Listed below is my go to Spin routine.
I'm not going to lie, there are many days when I just opt for only the 30 minute workout.
As long as your doing something, that is what counts ☺

CRISPY BIKINIS GIRLS FULL SPIN WORKOUT
SET UP
Make sure you take the time to set up your bike properly for you. Standing next to the bike that bike seat should be brought up and hit right at your hip bone. Make sure you adjust the handle bars so that you're comfy and your elbows aren't fully extended, there should be a relaxed slight bend at the elbows. Make sure you adjust the seat too before you saddle up, it really makes a difference. Don't be afraid to ask for assistance if needed.

WARM UP
05:00mins Flat Road/Base Gear (you have just enough gear so that you're legs aren't spinning out of control) wake up your legs, stretch your arms, open up your shoulders and chest

INTERVALS 
02:00mins Base Gear at 90 RPM
01:00mins -2 Gears Recovery
02:00mins +4 Gears at 80 RPM
01:00mins -4 Gears Recovery
02:00mins +5 Gears at 75 RPM
01:00mins -5 Gears Recovery
02:00mins Base Gear at 100 RPM
02:00mins -2 Gears Recovery

01:00mins Base Gear at 90 RPM / 00:20secs easy (but don't touch that gear)
01:00mins -2 Gears at 100 RPM / 00:20secs easy (don't touch that gear)
01:00mins +2 Gears at 95 RPM / 00:20secs easy (keep that gear)
01:00mins Base Gear at 90 RPM / 00:20secs easy (don't touch that gear yet)
01:00mins +2 Gears at 95 RPM / 00:20secs easy (keep that gear)
01:00mins -2 Gears at 100 RPM / 00:20secs easy (don't touch that gear)
02:00mins Recovery

HILL INTERVALS
*before you begin and while you're still in your bike seat, crank that gear up until you feel like you almost can't pedal, then reach out and grab those handle bars get your arse up into that climbing hill position. You want to have enough gear under your feet so that when you're in your climbing positions you're not off balance or spinning out of control.

02:00mins Base Gear at 90 RPM Climbing Hill Position
(remember when you are in the standing, climbing hill position that your booty is directly over that seat. Your booty should tap the seat with every pedal stroke.)
01:00mins -2 Gears Recovery Standing Climb Position
(body should be standing upright and hands lightly on handlebars)
02:00mins +4 Gears at 80 RPM Climbing Hill Position
01:00mins -4 Gears Recovery Standing Climb Position
02:00mins +5 Gears at 75 RPM Climbing Hill Position
01:00mins -5 Gears Recovery Standing Climb Position
02:00mins Base Gear at 100 RPM Climbing Hill Position
03:00mins -2 Gears Recovery Standing Climb Position

*these Hill Intervals are my favorite! I really get into these! This is when I really use the music to push me, I find a rhythm I like and challenge myself to isolate my body and take that bounce out of my pedal strokes. It feels like I am using every muscle in my body!

COOL DOWN
10:00mins Easy Gear at 85+ RPM
decrease gears throughout to bring the heart rate down

CRISPY BIKINIS GIRLS 30 MINUTE SPIN WORKOUT
SET UP
Make sure you take the time to set up your bike properly for you. Standing next to the bike that bike seat should be brought up and hit right at your hip bone. Make sure you adjust the handle bars so that you're comfy and your elbows aren't fully extended, there should be a relaxed slight bend at the elbows. Make sure you adjust the seat too before you saddle up, it really makes a difference. Don't be afraid to ask for assistance if needed.

WARM UP
05:00mins Flat Road/Base Gear (you have just enough gear so that you're legs aren't spinning out of control) wake up your legs, stretch your arms, open up your shoulders and chest

INTERVALS 
02:00mins Base Gear at 90 RPM
01:00mins -2 Gears Recovery
02:00mins +4 Gears at 80 RPM
01:00mins -4 Gears Recovery
02:00mins +5 Gears at 75 RPM
01:00mins -5 Gears Recovery
02:00mins Base Gear at 100 RPM
01:00mins -2 Gears Recovery

02:00mins Base Gear at 90 RPM Climbing Hill Position
(remember when you are in the standing, climbing hill position that your booty is directly over that seat. Your booty should tap the seat with every pedal stroke.)
01:00mins -2 Gears Recovery Standing Climb Position
(body should be standing upright and hands lightly on handlebars)
02:00mins +4 Gears at 80 RPM Climbing Hill Position
01:00mins -4 Gears Recovery Standing Climb Position
02:00mins +5 Gears at 75 RPM Climbing Hill Position
01:00mins -5 Gears Recovery Standing Climb Position
02:00mins Base Gear at 100 RPM Climbing Hill Position
01:00mins -2 Gears Recovery Standing Climb Position

*these Hill Intervals are my favorite! I really get into these! This is when I really use the music to push me, I find a rhythm I like and challenge myself to isolate my body and take that bounce out of my pedal strokes. It feels like I am using every muscle in my body!

COOL DOWN
01:00mins Easy Gear at 85+ RPM
decrease gears throughout to bring the heart rate down

⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙


I'm going to sign off today with this...
Be strong enough to change your life if you don't like where you are at.
If you're eating well, surrounding yourself with people who influence you in a positive way that truly have your back and support you, and you're feeling that delicious little burn that comes after a good workout,
you know you are really doing things right! ;)

WE WANT TO KNOW: What songs are you working out to?
Let's listen to music together on Spotify!

No comments:

Post a Comment